I was doing some help exchange at a guest house in Panama and a German-Brazilian family was staying there also. I learned this recipe, as well as the chocolate cake recipe from them. It was a great surprise that I bumped into them again in Colombia!
NO ICE CREAM MAKER NEEDED
Prep time: 40 minutes
Ready in 6 hours
– 1/2 L of whipping cream
– 395 g condensed milk
– 125 g unsweetened cocoa
1. Cool cream and a bowl in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Cream should be cool but not frozen.
2. Whip the cream until it turns think in the cold bowl.
3. Add cocoa into condensed milk in another bowl and mix well.
4. Pour mix (3) into mix (2).
5. Fold* the mixture until it achieves one color.
6. Put it in the freezer for 6 hours.
* Folding the mixture instead of stirring prevents formation of air bubbles.
* We used President Whipping Cream
* It is super chocolate rich which I really like. Amount of cocoa can be reduced.